- The Dermapen treatment triggers collagen production through a microneedling technique. The treatment can treat a range of skin issues, from wrinkles and acne scars to stretch marks and sagging skin.
- During the treatment, ultra thin needles create minuscule columns in the dermis, which triggers the skin’s healing abilities.
- As the skin heals, it fills in the columns with fresh, new skin cells, resulting in firmer, smoother skin and new collagen production these are just a few of the micro needling benefits.
- The Dermapen treatment requires virtually no downtime because it does not disturb the outer-most layer of skin, while promoting healing and growth in the layers below.
- Fractional micro-needling can be used to reduce signs of aging in skin, wrinkles, skin impurities, acne scars, stretch marks, skin tightening and pigmentation marks. Available for all skin types.
Dermapen helps to reduce appearance of the common skin problems like:
- Stretch marks
- Enlarged pores
- Age spots
- Birth marks; this depends primarily on how deep or intense those marks are
DERMAPEN vs DERMAROLLER?
Both Dermapen and Dermaroller cause micro-injuries to the epidermis, which signals the body to produce collagen to remodel the damaged area, which in effect rejuvenates the skin. Dermapen can easily treat those hard to reach areas such as around the eyes, nose and upper lip whereas it is more difficult to reach these areas with traditional Dermaroller.
Needle depth can be adjusted with Dermapen whereas the Dermaroller can only reach a single depth. The benefit of adjusting needle depth allows us to cater to different areas of the face that require different penetration levels for best results. This is extremely important when treating specific skin concerns such as acne scarring or delicate areas of the face such as the eye area.
The needles in Dermapen penetrate the skin vertically whereas with Dermaroller the needles penetrate the skin at an angle sometimes causing more chance of ‘tears’ through the skin leading to more side effects and therefore longer recovery time.
Finally, a Dermapen has a built in motorised system it is more precise and accurate on its depth of penetration and can penetrate the skin from up to 100 times per second with an adjustable speed whereas speed cannot be adjusted with Dermaroller as this is dependent on the handlers technique.
All in the Dermapen is more superior technique which takes the advantages of Dermarolling and introduces advancements that makes it even more effective. However, Dermaroller is still a cost effective alternative which can be utilised on multiple areas and should not be discarded just yet.
Elyse Clinic offers both treatments starting with £75 for Dermaroller and £120 for Dermapen sessions.
Can They Go Deeper?
In some cases, you can get the needles from a Dermapen or Dermaroller to go deeper into your skin. This is particularly for cases where you have a deep scar or mark. Your therapist will analyse how deep the needles should go to ensure that the issue is treated clearly. Fortunately, the needles are short enough to where they will not go deep to where bleeding could be a concern.
How Does Your Body Respond?
Since treatment process will entail micro-injuries to the treated area it might cause inflammation and bruising. Fortunately, those issues temporarily and will disappear within 24-48 hours .
Skin rejuvenation will reach its peak about ten to fourteen days after the treatment. At which point you will be able to see the final result.
DO I NEED MULTIPLE TREATMENTS?
You will require multiple treatments in most cases. Elyse recommends course of 3-5 for the best results.
Typically, you would need to leave about two to four weeks in between Dermapen and Dermaroller treatments to allow your body to recover. Additional recovery time is needed if you have deep scars. You will need treatments every four to six weeks in such a case.